IT Infrastructure Support Engineer
Location: Hull | £45K Pro rata | 6 month rolling contract
Are you looking for an exciting new contract role that challenges you and offers progression? Are you efficient when it comes to resolving IT and technical issues?
EDIT Recruitment is thrilled to be recruiting on behalf of our reputable client, who transform fast-growing, certified sustainable wood into a building material that is much more sustainable than carbon-polluting alternatives.
Reporting to the IT Infrastructure & Security Manager, the IT Infrastructure Support Engineer will be a member of our clients’ IT Team.
The primary role of the successful candidate will entail managing the day-to-day operational and project infrastructure, O365, hardware and connectivity.
The role will also require the successful candidate liaising with MSP, service and solutions providers and team members delivering services and solutions across businesses and industrial IT.
The engineer will be responsible for providing high quality, business focussed support, along with a strong ability to fault find and react to business needs. This position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related technologies, projects and activities.
Key areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
- Support all onsite IT infrastructure and user requirements
- Install, deploy and maintain IT equipment
- Ensure IT security and governance policies are applied and adhered to
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Provide proactive telephone, email, desk-side and remote support for all technical and non-technical problems and incidents reported to IT
- Provide advice and guidance to staff to ensure they can take better advantage of the IT tools and services, giving them greater independence and transferable skills
- Undertake a variety of systems administration and routine user administrative tasks across Active Directory, Servers, Laptops, Desktop, Cloud Services, Networking devices and a range of business systems
- Support project and system deployments
- Ensure any software deployed is fully licensed
- Knowledge of Azure cloud Iaas and PaaS – both deploying and managing
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365 administration & deployment
- Strong technical knowledge of information, perimeter and end-point security
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with managing and working with MSP’s and external suppliers
- Experience of ITIL, change, service and incident management
- Well-organised, able to prioritise and work in a distributed team
- Able to work to tight timescales and deal with users who have differing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with SharePoint Online, both with site design and management
- A great experience and understanding of how SharePoint permissions work
- Experience and understanding of document management within SharePoint
- Ability to translate SharePoint Online fits into the wider M365 platform, for example: Teams
- Microsoft Azure cloud deployments
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019
- Networking (Cisco/ DNS, DHCP, TCP-IP)
- Firewalls (Cisco ASA)
- Active Directory & Azure AD
- Virtualisation (VMware)
- Windows 10
- MDM platforms managing EUC and mobile devices
- Microsoft Office 365
If this role sounds like the next challenge that you’ve been searching for, please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members on 01482 273389 for a confidential chat. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be overjoyed to discuss the role in more depth with you.
Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest Permanent and Contract vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page!