Location: Leeds & Hybrid | £35K | Permanent
Are you a DevOps Engineer with a proven track record of configuring automation tools to compile, test and deploy applications? Do you want the opportunity to work within an industry-leading business that invests in Development and see it as an essential part of the company’s success?
Are you eager to learn and develop with new technologies in a role where no two days are the same?
EDIT Recruitment is thrilled to be helping our client, look for an experienced DevOps Engineer.
Working within a growing Development team as a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the CI and CD pipelines for the company’s range of applications. While reporting to the Development Team Manager, you will also support and liaise with their wider development team to manage and optimise pipelines and to establish what processes are required.
As DevOps Engineer, you will also investigate and promote new ideas and practices for the team to improve the standards and the quality of the team’s DevOps.
As well as this, you will also communicate with the IT Ops team to manage resource usage and to prepare for new project releases.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Analyse the technologies used by our client and develop CI and CD processes
- Review existing processes and expand upon them to include new environments
- Document the CI/CD processes and their progress on various projects
- Improve delivery speed and production quality
- Coordinate with the IT Ops team to ensure smooth deployments occur
- Engage with teams to gather requirements
- Create practical demonstrations of new technologies and ideas
- At least 6 months’ experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with containers and container orchestration
- Comfortable and capable with CLIs such as Bash and PowerShell
- Strong understanding of DevOps practices and principles
- High-level understanding of various operating systems and environments
- Working knowledge of NGINX (preferable)
- Able to independently and proactively problem solve
- Strong organisational skills to effectively manage multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Eager to learn and develop with new technologies
Rewarding your commitment:
Our clients’ people are the most important part of their business. To reward and help employees feel valued, our client has carefully selected a package of benefits that take a holistic approach to promote your wellbeing. These include:
- 30 hour working week (for full-time salary)
- 20 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional Paid Leave – for Birthday, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
- Flexible Holidays – take hourly
- Holiday Exchange – buy/sell holidays
- Extra holiday for length of service – 1 extra day after 3, 4 & 5 years
- Length of Service Awards
- Colleague Recognition Awards
- Enhanced Maternity /Paternity /Adoption Pay
- Death in Service Benefit – 4 times annual salary
- My Staff Shop – a wide range of discounts and savings at UK retailers
- Travel Support – free parking, bus/ train discounts, cycling facilities
- Neybar Financial Loans
- Third-Party Bespoke Financial Advice
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Subsidised Canteen
- Learning & Development Allowance – paid time to learn in work
- Love to Learn Subsidy – up to £150 annually for training of your choice
- Professional Qualifications – financial & study support
- Health Cash Back Plan – generous cashback to manage your wellbeing, including dental, optical, combined therapy towards everyday health costs
- GP Anytime – access to 24/7 prescribing GP for you and your family
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 helpline, including up to 8 free counselling sessions
- My Wellness Portal
- Thrive – My Wellness App
- Team Events bowling, race nights etc.
- Regular monthly events – cooking classes, quizzes, kids’ activities
- Monthly charity fundraising including raffles, auctions and more
- Key Event Parties – Christmas and Summer Events
If this DevOps role sounds like the next exciting opportunity you’ve been looking for in Leeds, please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members on 01482 273289. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via email with your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest Permanent and Contract vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page!