IS Technical Support
Location: Hull | up-to up-to £38K | Permanent
EDIT Recruitment is proud to be working alongside a trusted Hull-based, global, partner to assist in finding them a talented IS Technical Support Engineer.
Are you looking to join an innovative, fast-paced global business? Our well-respected client are always interested in hearing from skilled, entrepreneurial people who could help to grow their business.
With over 15,000 employees globally and 129 manufacturing sites across the world (in 70 countries!) you’ll be joining a team of innovators and planet passionate people.
Life with our client:
Our client has come a long way since its founding in 1965 in Co Cavan, Ireland. They have grown largely by acquisition and globalisation remains at the heart of their ongoing evolution.
While they retain heritage and culture as a family business, our client has grown to be the global leader in high-performance insulation and building envelopes. They help customers and employees to make a difference in tackling climate change.
As the world’s largest raised access flooring manufacturer, supplier and installer, they have been involved in the delivery of a wide range of flooring solutions for some of the most prestigious buildings in the UK, and across the globe.
With a history that dates back to the origins of access floors and way beyond, they continue to pioneer the sector by developing innovative products for use in commercial buildings, data centres and large retail premises. Today, they offer a full specification and consulting service to assist in the completion of flexible floor solutions.
The IS Technical Support will work alongside the other IS Technical Support teams and IS Apprentice to ensure a high-level of PC and desktop support is given to the business.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fault-finding and maintaining all forms of desktop hardware, software (including laptops) and Server OS used in the organisation.
- In a business-like manner accurately log details of all telephone and department related issues.
- Be a mentor and escalation point for technical questions/solutions for other IS Technical Support staff.
- Monitor, update and escalate calls to ensure Service Levels are achieved.
- Ensure all IT activities, including relocating IS, telephone and office equipment as requested by key personnel during business hours strictly in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Discuss, plan and implement improvements in IS systems and services
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly IS checks as required by the role.
- Ensure the IT areas and technology meet current Health and Safety requirements and are clean and tidy.
- Document, according to the standards of the organisation, any system changes, updates and modifications released while carrying out the role.
- Work with the IS Manager to manage IS projects using project methodologies.
- Undertake any training provided by the organisation.
- Be an ambassador for the IS department, actively promoting the use of IS toolset where applicable within the business.
- Ensure that all systems and processes adhere to the IT Manual and highlight any anomalies.
Essential candidate requirements:
- Have a working understanding of Terminal Services and/or a Citrix environment.
- Have a working knowledge of Windows server.
- Have a working knowledge of O365, including managing and maintaining SharePoint and OneDrive.
- Must have excellent timekeeping and communication skills, with the ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude to work and be flexible to challenges and changes.
- Willingness to expand into other areas of IS such as Project Management.
Desirable candidate skills:
- Microsoft scripting technologies, including PowerShell, VBA, and VBScript.
- Advanced Windows Server.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft SQL (DBA and/or T-SQL).
- Advanced knowledge of Citrix and/or Windows Terminal Services.
- The title of your job does not define or limit your employment.
- Some out of hours support work will be expected while carrying out this role.
- Any other reasonable duties as and when required or requested.
- Backend web-based technologies.
Does this role of IS Technical Support sound like the next exciting opportunity that you’ve been looking for in Hull? Please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members, Jack or Shaune at EDIT Recruitment, on 01482 273289.
Alternatively, kindly contact us directly via email with your CV: email@example.com.
Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest permanent Hull-based, remote and hybrid vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page.