IT Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Hull | Salary: £32K | Permanent
Are you confident in working in a fast-paced, technical environment? We have an exciting new permanent opportunity for you, with an amazing client in Hull.
EDIT Recruitment is thrilled to be assisting our client, a well-established Yorkshire food brand owner, to recruit for the position of IT Infrastructure Engineer. Along with an attractive salary of £32K, this is an amazing opportunity for the successful candidate to take the next step in their career – with a group that cares.
About our Client:
Our client has five fantastic food businesses, which make and deliver some really ‘fab food’. Along with a vibrant culture and clear progression, this role is perfect for an IT savvy individual to find their place in an in-house, specialist team.
This Yorkshire based, family business has a 170-year history in the food industry. They have dedicated family shareholders who take a long-term view on the way they do business, value their people, work with customers and suppliers, and look after the environment.
Aside from the 33 days holiday a year, they have an Employee Benefit Trust, which is supported by family shareholders who are keen to ensure they support their colleagues as much as possible with a number of benefits, including:
- Employee support services available, should you need any independent financial or wellbeing advice
- Financial awards for colleagues, or their dependents, who play a team sport
- Financial awards for colleagues who have children at university
- Appreciation awards to encourage colleagues to value each other’s work
- Various events with opportunities to meet colleagues from the Group’s other businesses.
A glimpse into the role:
In this exciting role, you will be part of our client’s in-house technology team, working within the existing IT operations support team. You’ll cover the day-to-day infrastructure and support needs of several businesses which are part of our client’s group.
This is a varied Infrastructure engineer role that is hands-on. You will be involved in the daily operational support of all things infrastructure and an escalation point for the support team. You will also be running and contributing to support and infrastructure-related projects as they strive to ensure to provide robust and reliable services.
Reporting directly to the IT Service and Operations Manager, you will be responsible for day-to-day maintenance and configuration of infrastructure and applications spanning multiple locations, ensuring that reliability and uptime of these services are maintained.
In addition to this, you will have a good understanding of the Microsoft stack and be an escalation point for the support team to aid them with a resolution of issues in a timely manner. There will also be several IT projects ongoing at any given time as we look to improve the services that are provided to our businesses. In turn, this will require infrastructure knowledge and input to many of these and you will be a key player to the success of these projects.
Key responsibilities for IT Infrastructure Engineer:
- Ensuring uptime and maintenance of all IT systems and infrastructure across multiple sites
- Understanding and adhering to change management processes and IT best practices.
- Working as part of the IT Operations Support Team to provide 1st and 2nd line support to a diverse group of several hundred users across multiple sites within the UK, providing support in both person and remotely.
- Ensuring that tickets are logged via several channels correctly, triaged and responded to within internal SLA’s.
- Coordinating the support team resources and reporting on team performance against SLA’s.
- Taking ownership of varying different technical issues and acting on these to resolve them as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Install, maintain and support hardware, both office and manufacturing-based equipment.
- Assisting other teams within both the technology team and other departments to deploy various solutions and systems.
- Liaising with suppliers and third parties for a range of applications and hardware.
Skills & Experience in the successful candidate:
- Previous experience within a technical role.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Experience with M365 suite.
- Hardware and application support.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Active Directory.
- Desirable to have Azure/Cloud, VMWare/Virtualisation and networking experience.
- Desirable to have ERP/D365 experience.
- Desirable to have a full UK driving licence.
- Desirable to have experience in FMCG or food manufacturing.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with proven previous experience in an infrastructure-based role with excellent customer service skills and has a genuine interest in technology, as well as looking for an environment that allows for development and growth.
If this role of IT Operations Manager sounds like the next exciting permanent opportunity you’ve been looking for, please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members on 01482 273289. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest Permanent and Contract vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page!