IT Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Hull | Salary: £40K | Permanent
Are you savvy with Process Management? Are you highly analytical and a confident collaborator? We have an exciting new permanent opportunity for you!
EDIT Recruitment is delighted to be assisting our client, a well-established food production and supplier, to recruit for the position of IT Infrastructure Engineer. Along with an attractive salary of £40K and a car allowance, this is an amazing opportunity for the successful candidate to take the next step in their career.
On a day to day basis, you will be part of a Service Desk & Infrastructure Team that manages & supports various systems at group and site level!
This will include travel to various sites to assist with system management and end-user support.
About our Client:
Our client is passionate about producing only the best quality food, efficiently, and sustainably in well-invested facilities across the UK. Their focus on quality is a top priority all the way through our supply chain, from farm to fork.
Furthermore, their mantra is ‘good in equals good out‘, ensuring they make great tasting food for everyone to enjoy.
With our clients’ customers being at the forefront of everything they do – from food production and packaging, to end-to-end servicing. Your role as an IT Infrastructure Engineer will ensure that this mantra is delivered from the inside out – meaning a quality service, is to be delivered, always!
Main Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Operational management, support & maintenance for the group/ site Infrastructure and providing support to users/sites via the service desk
- Implementing/ support new systems at group & site level (Travel to sites will be required both ad-hoc and project-based)
- Provide technical assistance across projects that require infrastructure delivery
- Provide 3rd line support for various systems
- Physical build of racks, cabinets & ensuring that they are properly installed, configured & documented e.g. servers, PC’s, uninterrupted power supplies, switches, routers, KVM etc
- Aid team members with a resolution of urgent incidents and provide direction where required
- Working in a collaborative team environment by engaging, sharing knowledge & communicating effectively
- Experience of Windows 10/Server OS, Hyper V (Install, Config & Support)
- Networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS)
- Experience of hybrid infrastructure including MS O365, AD & Exchange hybrid
- Relevant experience in providing technical support on IT systems in a busy environment. Can install, configure, and upgrade software and operating systems
- Knowledge of networking (MPLS, routing, Meraki) would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Azure, Cisco, Meraki, WatchGuard, SQL & Intune would be advantageous
- Driving license & access to a car
- Able to travel to various sites in the UK
- Good interpersonal skills face to face and over the telephone
- Adaptable; willing to get involved in other areas of IT
- Is solution-driven & can follow tasks/projects independently
If this role sounds like the next exciting permanent opportunity you’ve been looking for, please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members on 01482 273289. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest Permanent and Contract vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page!