IT Network Engineer
Location: Immingham | Salary: £50K | Permanent
Are you confident in maintaining, implementing and troubleshooting network infrastructure? We have an exciting new permanent opportunity for you!
EDIT Recruitment is thrilled to be assisting our client, a well-established Oil Refinery in North Lincolnshire, to recruit for the position of IT Network Engineer. Along with an attractive salary of up to £50K, this is an amazing opportunity for the successful candidate to the next step in their career.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining our client’s infrastructure within their UK refinery and other international offices.
The resource will ensure the availability, performance and security of systems across all platforms.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure, network hardware and servers. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including and not limited to WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, iSCSI fabrics, servers and controllers.
There will be some travel required were deemed essential and some out of hours work, therefore a level of flexibility is required.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Maintaining, implementing and troubleshooting the network infrastructure.
- Working through network-related ticket escalations from the Service Desk team and alerts from the network monitoring system.
- Implementing network new security measures.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Ensuring that all changes to production infrastructure are documented according to change management procedures with required approval before deployment.
- Supporting responses to data security (prevention, threat hunting and remediation). Penetration testing and firewall rules.
- Participating and owning the Incident Response process to identify, isolate and remove security threats and vulnerabilities.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
Tracking budget expenses, project management, problem-solving, network infrastructure knowledge, design and implementation, troubleshooting, hardware configuration and firewalls configuration.
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
- Solid understanding of network routing and switching.
- Palo Alto, Prisma firewall experience.
- Routing protocols. BGP, EIGRP.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Good knowledge of servers infrastructure.
- Hypervisor. Nutanix experience.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- Practical experience of administration of Internet and WAN services; MPLS, Leased Lines and Site-to-Site VPNs.
- Practical experience in the administration of Azure Networking with a focus on EXPRESSROUTE, Azure VPN, Azure Firewall, deployment and management of Checkpoint NVA, all based on a strong understanding of Azure fundamentals.
- Experience in utilizing Wireshark type tools for analysing packet captures when troubleshooting issues.
- Practical experience in the administration of LogicMonitor and ThousandEyes or other similar network monitoring tools for availability, performance and capacity management.
- Excellent technical documentation (network diagrams; infrastructure diagrams; process diagrams that speak to a technical and non-technical audience at all levels of the organisation.
- An in-depth understanding of security principles to operate and deliver with a security-first approach.
Essential Skills & Knowledge (Continued):
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Willing to learn and with a positive and can-do attitude.
- Office 365
- Ubiquiti products
- SQL server
- Logic Monitor
- ITIL framework
- Strong organisation and planning skills with exposure to matrix management
If this role of IT Network Engineer sounds like the next exciting permanent opportunity you’ve been looking for, please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members on 01482 273289. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest Permanent and Contract vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page!