IT Operations Manager
Location: Hull | Salary: £55K | Permanent
Are you confident in driving forward and delivering progress? Do you have experience leading a Service Desk and Infrastructure teams? We have an exciting new permanent opportunity for you!
EDIT Recruitment is thrilled to be assisting our client, a well-established food production and supplier, to recruit for the position of IT Operations Manager. Along with an attractive salary of £55K and a car allowance, this is an amazing opportunity for the successful candidate to take the next step in their career.
The successful candidate will report directly to the head of IT Operations and Projects.
The primary function of the role is to lead the day-to-day operations of the Service Desk and Infrastructure, supporting the wider business, ensuring that service performance always meets targets. This will be achieved by managing, developing, inspiring, and motivating the service desk & infrastructure teams to provide exceptional support services and great customer service, always!
Your knowledge and experience of support and infrastructure will be used to aid the business on a daily basis, surrounding projects and day to day escalations. This will entail you working with the Senior Leadership Teams at the site on Infrastructure projects, as well as upgrading existing systems.
The role will manage a team of hands-on engineers that implement IT infrastructure across the business, as well as a Service Desk team.
About our Client:
Our client is passionate about producing only the best quality food, efficiently, and sustainably in well-invested facilities across the UK. Their focus on quality is a top priority all the way through our supply chain, from farm to fork.
Furthermore, their mantra is ‘good in equals good out‘, ensuring they make great tasting food for everyone to enjoy.
With our clients’ customers being at the forefront of everything they do – from food production and packaging, to end-to-end servicing. Your role as an IT Operations Manager will ensure that this mantra is delivered from the inside out – meaning a quality service, is to be delivered, always!
Main Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the Service Desk team who provide 2nd and 3rd line technical support to a diverse internal customer base across a wide range of services including desktop support, hardware maintenance and repair, mobile device management, telephony, Office 365, Windows Server, hyper V, SQL, networking, firewalls & internal business applications
- Responsible for technical advice/support on infrastructure projects
- Responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure systems across the business at all sites are properly implemented, configured & maintained
- Managing tickets based on urgency and technical availability
- Review tickets based on age, SLA & priority. Working with all members of the wider team to ensure tickets are actioned accordingly
- Be the point of escalation for the service desk & infrastructure teams on technical issues
Candidate Requirements, Experience and Person Specification:
- Lead the Service Desk and Infrastructure teams from the front, engaging and working with a variety of customers, internal team and suppliers to deliver excellent service
- Overall knowledge of Windows OS, Hyper V, Azure, networks & Wi-Fi
- Be passionate about delivering an efficient Infrastructure and customer-focused service desk
- Have an eye for delivering efficiency and improvements
- Have strong technical and business knowledge
- A hands-on approach
If this role of IT Operations Manager sounds like the next exciting permanent opportunity you’ve been looking for, please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members on 01482 273289. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest Permanent and Contract vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page!