IT Service Desk Engineer
Location: Hull | up-to up-to £24K | Permanent
EDIT Recruitment is proud to be working alongside a trusted Hull-based partner to assist in finding them a talented IT Service Desk Engineer.
Are you looking to be a key team player? Perhaps, you’re looking for a new role where you can showcase your impeccable IT and customer service skills?
Our experienced recruitment consultants are delighted to be helping our client, a growing IT managed services consultancy, look for an IT Service Desk Engineer to join their flourishing team!
Life with our client:
Our Hull-based client prides themselves on providing a varied selection of IT services. They monitor systems, provide IT Consultancy, keep data safe, and deliver Cyber Security Protection to an array of industries.
They pride themselves on their Pro-Active IT support and consultancy – their target market are clients that know the importance of IT systems and as a result, are prepared to pay for better service!
Their aim is to be known as the best IT provider in the area and to be considered the best in their field. They strive to be a company with such an outstanding reputation that their team are proud to be a part of it.
If you strive for quality service in everything that you do, then you’ll certainly thrive as a part of a team that continues to build an outstanding reputation within the area.
We’re looking for someone who is a self-confessed team player, someone who likes a challenge, loves working in a fun environment, and is passionate about being part of something special.
You will need a good understanding of current Windows operating systems, computer hardware, as well as applications.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide desktop, server, and network support
- 1st and 2nd line support on their busy helpdesk
- Administration of Microsoft 365
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues within SLAs
- Logging technical issues to the IT Helpdesk
- Escalate IT issues to the Senior IT Engineer where necessary
- Responsible for monitoring backups and test restores
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by a manager
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Install authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Creation of new users accounts (AD and Email)
- Management of Active Directory
- Management and Support of Firewall devices
- Patching of client networks
- Ensuring all client’s technical information is documented and kept up to date
- Highlighting of any areas where replacement equipment is needed
- Ensuring all software purchased licensing is recorded and maintained
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts by excellent communication with clients (AD & email) and following our company systems.
- Outstanding communication with your team and their clients
- Work extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
Necessary skills, qualifications and experience include:
- At least 2 years’ experience in an IT Role.
- An understanding of Servers and Networks.
- A thirst to be trained to a higher technical level.
- A love of all things IT.
- Customer focussed
- Must be able to drive.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- A positive “can-do” attitude.
Does this role of IT Service Desk Engineer in Hull sound like the next exciting opportunity that you’ve been looking for in Hull? Please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members, Jack or Shaune at EDIT Recruitment, on 01482 273289.
Alternatively, kindly contact us directly via email with your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest permanent Hull-based, remote and hybrid vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page.