IT Support Engineer
Location: Hull | £26K-£32K | Permanent
Are you proud of your IT knowledge? Do you have a passion for offering excellent customer service and support?
Established in 1987, they work with fabric and wallpaper merchants and manufacturers worldwide. Using their experience and knowledge to deliver and manage systems designed to meet the individual needs of customers.
Along with an attractive salary of up to £32,000, this is an amazing opportunity for the successful candidate to take the next step in their IT career!
About our Client:
With over 30 years of experience in designing, developing, and implementing specialist information systems for the textile industry, our client works with many of the most prestigious names in the fabrics and home furnishings sectors across the UK, US and Europe.
Our clients fully integrated Mertex ERP is the market-leading software that focuses on the management, movement, cost and control of everything relating to fabric including sales and purchases order management, financials, stock management, manufacturing and e-commerce. Unlike other systems, which are ‘general purpose’, Mertex ERP has been designed specifically for those businesses operating in the fabrics and home furnishings marketplace.
The company is privately owned with a dedicated team of over 30 experienced staff. You’ll join as an integral part of the team, located in the company’s modern head office, in one of Hull’s premier business parks.
As an IT Support Engineer, you are responsible for triaging support requests and incidents whilst accepting and scheduling requests of work.
You’ll be a natural problem solver who loves identifying the root cause of issues and is capable of using detailed product knowledge to resolve user incidents and customer queries.
You’ll be approachable and logical with the ability to identify, categorise and prioritise requests and incidents effectively. This will require you to constantly have an awareness of existing workloads, being able to manage demands and pressures, whilst ensuring the client is always well informed on the status of requests and what work is being done.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot customer issues via online meetings, remote desktop, email, phone calls while maintaining thorough documentation on each customer issue.
- Implementing client and internal projects on your own or as part of a team either remotely or onsite
- System administration, hands-on fixes, installation/upgrade and patching of Microsoft based servers and desktops
- Performing advanced troubleshooting which may also include working together with Microsoft and other vendors
- Use Microsoft Dynamics case management system to track new requests for service, issue statuses, and resolution
- Collaborate with the service desk, professional services, development, and sales for escalation of issues
- Taking ownership of the troubleshooting knowledge base and process documentation to decrease the volume of queries and enable self-serve
- Configuration and installation of Microsoft based servers including the operating system and third-party products
- Identify technical based sales opportunities and assist the Customer Services function to prepare quotations in preparation to present to the customer
- Proven IT Support experience (2nd and/or 3rd line)
- Experience in managing and deploying Microsoft technologies such as Windows Desktop & Server, Active Directory, Exchange & System Centre.
- Current MCSA/ MCSE and/or CCNA IT certification or ability to demonstrate a similar level of knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals; strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Office 365 and Microsoft Azure and other cloud-based hosting and applications.
- Networking knowledge covering LAN/vLAN/WAN/Switching technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in implementing and supporting Firewall/ Security solutions
- Previous experience of working within a B2B customer support environment with multiple clients would be an advantage
So, what’s in it for you?
- Salary from £26,000 to £32,000, dependant on skills and experience
- Pension scheme of up to 5% employer’s contribution
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance based on 4 times salary
- Free office car parking
If this role sounds like the next exciting opportunity you’ve been looking for, please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members on 01482 273289. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via email with your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest Permanent and Contract vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page!