Lead Frontend Developer
Location: Hull, Remote & Flexible | Salary up-to £50K | Permanent
EDIT Recruitment is delighted to be working with our client, a leading online retailer, to find them a technical-minded superstar to join their team as a Lead Frontend Developer! This will be an amazing opportunity for someone looking to take the next steps in their career, who already preferably has 5 years experience.
Our client thrives on offering the best shopping experience to their customers, so this role will play a vital part in the team.
The successful candidate will be working as a part of the Frontend Development Team and report directly to the IT Director.
Alongside tech leads, product owners and the UI/UX Team, you will map a clear and aligned direction to our clients’ frontend development. An important part of the role is to empower team members to take ownership of the code and its quality by encouraging team decision making, so great leadership skills are certainly needed.
The role of the Lead Frontend Developer also entails bridging the gaps between UX/UI by converting visual designs to UI components. The successful candidate will also work closely with Backend Teams to populate content delivered from our in-house admin tools and bring the website to life.
A methodical and balanced approach to research is certainly needed so that the team can introduce up to date techniques and tools without impacting the supported devices and/or browsers.
Personal Traits our Client is looking for:
- Thrives and works well in a team
- The ability to problem-solve
- Is able to quickly research and learn new techniques
- A passion for the industry
- Is able to explain technical concepts in a non-technical way, in which others understand
Other Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining knowledge of how systems are related and ensuring that dependencies are understood and managed accordingly
- Ensuring that the estate is optimally configured and effectively managed.
- Providing excellence in the delivery of consistent and reliable performance of the infrastructure to deliver the required level of service to the business whilst feeding into monitoring and event management.
- Control and maintenance of the access controls and permissions
- Building and installing new servers as part of ongoing maintenance or for the provision of new services
- Participation in the incident and problem management functions in root cause determination of issues and input on creating preventative processes and re-occurrences
- Active participation in BCP / DR activities and testing as well as providing input into these processes.
Desired Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Semantic HTML5
- CSS3 – PostCSS, SASS / SCSS
- CSS methodologies – BEM, SMACSS, OOCSS
- Responsive Design
- Cross Device / Browser compatibility
- Git & branching models
- 5+ years’ experience
- Experience writing reusable/modular code in JS framework (ReactJs, VueJs, etc)
- E2E acceptance testing
- Experience with docker
- Build system / Module bundler (Webpack etc)
- Agile methodologies
- Good understanding of UX/UI processes
If this role sounds like the exciting career move and next step that you’ve been searching for, please feel free to apply using the link below. Alternatively, please give our team a call on 01482 273 389. We will be so overjoyed to discuss the role further with you.
Don’t forget to follow our page on LinkedIn for all of our latest job offerings across the UK – as well as a glimpse into team life at EDIT Recruitment!