Lead Web Developer
Location: Leeds & Remote (due to COVID-19) | Salary up-to £40K | Permanent
EDIT Recruitment is delighted to be working with our client, a boutique agency, to find them a highly motivated Lead Web Developer. Do you have an expert grasp of PHP, WordPress Development and Laravel? We think this may just be the perfect role for you!
Please note, that this role is currently remote-based, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, requiring the use of telework. After, the successful candidate will be based from their shiny new offices, based in Leeds.
About our client:
As well as running a successful digital marketing agency, our client has another arm to their business that redefines what it means to be a ‘people-driven news and entertainment company’.
Their talented team of content writers, editors and strategists focus on creating and acquiring content properties, which allow them to cultivate solid relationships with their communities, technology experts, and advertising partners!
Built from the ground up, they operate a platform that provides AI optimised campaigns across a number of native, social, and programmatic ad networks.
As the Lead Web Developer, you will be working alongside the operational team and various freelance developers.
The tasks will include continuing the build and development of their tracking dashboard which pulls information from various social and advertising API’s and brings the data into a usable form for our team of media buyers to work from. You will also be involved in building new WordPress plugins, as well as improving existing plugins/themes.
Furthermore, you will also need to collaborate cross-functionally with the Media, Content, and Product teams to execute their vision and put the best version of the product forward.
Requirements we are looking for:
- Strong knowledge of PHP/HTML/SASS and Laravel.
- Advanced understanding of the WordPress core software and its functions at the code level.
- Understanding of WordPress coding and security best practices.
- Working knowledge of MySQL.
- Possess an ambitious work ethic.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise projects.
- Not afraid to seek help and ask questions when necessary.
- Someone capable of creating a clear plan of action and follow-through.
- Eagerness to learn new trends and technologies.
Why work for our client?
- A work environment with talented, smart, and fun colleagues!
- Continued, professional growth opportunities.
- Paid holidays each year.
If this role of a ‘Lead Web Developer’ sounds like the exciting career move and next step that you’ve been searching for, please feel free to apply using the link below. Alternatively, please give our team a call on 01482 273 389. We will be so overjoyed to discuss the role further with you.
Don’t forget to follow our page on LinkedIn for all of our latest job offerings across the UK – as well as a glimpse into team life at EDIT Recruitment!