Python Software Engineer
Location: Remote | Salary: £35-£55K+ | Permanent
Are you looking to work with a group of collaborators? Are you also looking to work for an organisation that is described as ‘Energetic, Friendly and Productive’? Of course, you are!
EDIT Recruitment is absolutely delighted to be working in partnership with a well-respected name within the ‘Google shopping world’. Our client allows their partner businesses to unlock their full revenue and profit potential on Google Shopping – perfect!
But how? We hear you ask!
Our client works to maximise revenue and profitability from Google Shopping with advanced machine learning and deep human expertise. Competition has driven up costs per click, making it difficult for retailers to maintain profits on Google Shopping. Our client works hard to set the right bid for every Stock Keeping Unit, so competitors can be outranked, whilst maximising profitability.
The role, Python Software Engineer:
Due to super-fast expansion and amazing growth, our client is looking for an uber-talented Python Software Engineer to join their family.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of PhD level researchers, leading engineers and a passionate team of highly experienced Google Shopping specialists – all striving to build solid scalable systems, to help people find the things they need and want online.
The role is fully remote within a remote team, with occasional meetups somewhere in the UK (mainly head office in Leeds), or abroad to ensure they all still stay connected as a team!
What our client is looking for:
- Passionate and resourceful engineers that love to Ship!
- You have a strong Python background and have worked confidently within teams delivering data-driven systems.
- You are comfortable with designing and architecting ETL and data warehousing solutions.
- Working with a variety of data structures and algorithms, PostgreSQL and Airflow are also highly beneficial.
- You always aim to keep abreast with the almost supersonic speed the industry is moving at!
- You are able to give and take in discussions and make tactical decisions to reduce risk when delivering functionality, which is the primary measure of progress.
What you’ll be doing:
- The quality of our clients’ data pipelines is of the utmost importance, they are the lifeblood to the algorithms and models they serve.
- You will be working closely with the Engineering team and PhD level researchers to identify, conceptualise, design and deliver these pipelines.
- Taking statistical and machine learning models from Data Science and implementing them for scale.
- Maintaining the integrity of data lakes and data warehouses.
- Building and maintaining our APIs.
- There is a great range and scope of things you can get involved in, our client would love to shape this together with you!
The environment our client would love to give you:
- Our client doesn’t follow any specific development methodology per se. They pick and choose the parts from many methodologies that work for them – resulting in a highly lean environment!
- They don’t waste time doing anything that adds little or no value, they don’t do “standups”, yet have many detailed and focused discussions throughout the day.
- Our client also has adopted the concept of “power hours” allowing focused time on your work.
- Continued focus on training and development.
Python, PostgresSQL, Airflow 2.0, AWS, Terraform, Gitlab, Wrike
- Work from home and Monday to Friday schedule!
- Regular long weekend company trips across Europe!
- Social Events
- Friday lunch on the company
- Fun and supportive culture
- Training and development opportunities
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
- Ping pong skills are desirable but not essential!
If the role of remote Python Software Engineer sounds like the next exciting opportunity you’ve been looking for, please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members on, 01482 273289. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via email with your CV: email@example.com.
Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest Permanent and Contract vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page!