DevOps/ Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Remote | Salary: £35-£55K+ | Permanent
Are you looking to work with a group of collaborators? Are you also looking to work for an organisation that is described as ‘Energetic, Friendly and Productive’? Of course, you are!
EDIT Recruitment is absolutely delighted to be working in partnership with a well-respected name within the ‘Google shopping world’. Our client allows their partner businesses to unlock their full revenue and profit potential on Google Shopping – perfect!
But how? We hear you ask!
Our client works to maximise revenue and profitability from Google Shopping with advanced machine learning and deep human expertise. Competition has driven up costs per click, making it difficult for retailers to maintain profits on Google Shopping. Our client works hard to set the right bid for every Stock Keeping Unit, so competitors can be outranked, whilst maximising profitability.
The role, DevOps Engineer:
Due to super-fast expansion and amazing growth, our client is looking for an uber-talented DevOps Engineer to join their family. The successful candidate will be joining a team of PhD level researchers, leading engineers and a passionate team of highly experienced Google Shopping specialists – all striving to build solid scalable systems, to help people find the things they need and want online.
The role is fully remote within a remote team, with occasional meetups somewhere in the UK (mainly head office in Leeds), or abroad to ensure they all still stay connected as a team!
What our client is looking for:
- Passionate and resourceful engineers that love to Ship!
- You have a strong DevOps background and have worked confidently within teams delivering python-based data-driven systems.
- You are comfortable in the ops world (networking, DNS, security, Linux, IP stack etc) and can work with cloud technologies such as AWS/GCP and Terraform.
- You have an eye for detail and are not afraid to delve deeper into systematic processes to understand how something is working, doing so releases many ‘ah-ha!’ moments which you thrive off.
- You take pride in delivering reliability whilst valuing your time, always striving to eliminate toil.
- You are able to give and take in discussions and make tactical decisions to reduce risk when delivering functionality, which is the primary measure of progress.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be working closely with the Engineering team to identify, conceptualise, design and deliver code and infrastructural enhancements to their platform.
- Ensure the platform continues to operate in a reliable manner for their many clients and internal business users.
- Triaging and resolving incoming issues whilst also focusing on how to eliminate any toil.
- Using your experience to help us further shape and build out the tooling and processes we need to ensure a healthy and thriving SRE function.
The environment our client would love to give you:
- Our client doesn’t follow any specific development methodology per se. They pick and choose the parts from many methodologies that work for them – resulting in a highly lean environment!
- They don’t waste time doing anything that adds little or no value, they don’t do “standups”, yet have many detailed and focused discussions throughout the day.
- Our client also has adopted the concept of “power hours” allowing focused time on your work.
- Continued focus on training and development.
- Python, PostgresSQL, Airflow 2.0, AWS, Terraform, Gitlab, Wrike, Grafana
- Work from home and Monday to Friday schedule!
- Regular long weekend company trips across Europe!
- Social Events
- Friday lunch on the company
- Fun and supportive culture
- Training and development opportunities
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
- Ping pong skills are desirable but not essential!
If the role of remote DevOps Engineer sounds like the next exciting opportunity you’ve been looking for, please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members on, 01482 273289. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via email with your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest Permanent and Contract vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page!