Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Barton-Upon-Humber | Salary up-to £50K + Quarterley Bonus | Permanent
EDIT Recruitment is thrilled to be working exclusively with our client, a number 1 retailer in the UK, to build their Development team. Due to continued growth and exciting new projects, the business is delighted to be recruiting a Senior DevOps Engineer.
The award-winning client with who we are working in partnership is a privately owned, family-run business. They are truly passionate about what they do. Not only do they pride themselves on their range and quality of product, but they strive to deliver a world-class customer (and employee!) experience.
Life with our client:
In 2020, having been voted as the UK’s #1 top-rated retail workplace in the UK, there’s a lot to be desired about working with our client.
Working as a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be situated in the state-of-the-art, contemporary open-plan offices in Barton-Upon-Humber. Complete with multiple cafes, restaurants and chill-out spaces, working for this business will help you to achieve your fullest potential.
Our client is thrilled to offer a sociable and safe working environment. This ensures the very best working conditions for the team and yourself. They’re also proud to offer on-site parking and a gym, for an even more comfortable working environment.
Joining an existing DevOps team, the successful candidate will be required to actively participate in the building, supporting and maintaining new and existing software services. Working closely with the Development Teams, the successful candidate will ensure all servers and associated services are running effectively whilst liaising with event, incident and problem management functions to achieve SLA’s and service ambitions.
Other Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining knowledge of how systems are related and ensuring that dependencies are understood and managed accordingly
- Ensuring the estate is optimally configured and effectively managed.
- Excelling in the delivery of consistent and reliable performance of the infrastructure to deliver the required level of service to the business whilst feeding into monitoring and event management.
- Control and maintenance of the access controls and permissions • Building and installing new servers as part of ongoing maintenance or for the provision of new services
- Participation in the incident and problem management functions in root cause determination of issues and input on creating preventative processes and re-occurrences
- Active participation in BCP / DR activities and testing as well as providing input into these processes.
Desired Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Excellent communication and customer skills
- Firm background in Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Good background of working with persistent and volatile data sources such as MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch.
- Firm understanding of orchestration and deployment technologies, such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins etc
- Experience working with cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience working with infrastructure as code tooling. • Tenacity to go that extra mile to understand and resolve a problem.
- Capable of successfully and efficiently making large architectural changes without impact to service.
- Can assess problems and identify the most appropriate path to resolution.
- Have a keen eye for detail and can appreciate the definition of done.
- Windows Server experience
- PowerShell scripting
- VMware VSphere products experience
- ITIL experience or awareness
- An understanding of the retail or IT support industries
If this role sounds like the exciting career move you’ve been searching for, please feel free to apply using the link below. Alternatively, please give our team a call on 01482 273 389. We will be so overjoyed to discuss the role further with you.