Senior IT Engineer
Location: Hull | up-to up-to £30K | Permanent
EDIT Recruitment is proud to be looking for a Senior IT Engineer to join our client’s growing team.
Are you savvy with Office 365 migration, implementation and configuration? How about Microsoft server installations, setup and configurations?
Our experienced recruitment consultants are delighted to be helping our client, a growing IT managed services consultancy, look for a Senior IT Engineer to join their flourishing team!
Life with our client:
Our Hull-based client prides themselves on providing a varied selection of IT services. They monitor systems, provide IT Consultancy, keep data safe, and deliver Cyber Security Protection to an array of industries.
If you strive for quality service in everything that you do, then you’ll certainly thrive as a part of a team that continues to build an outstanding reputation within the area.
Our clients’ mission is to provide quality, secure, cyber-safe IT support, and consultancy.
All of this is to aid and improve their own consumers’ business and to deliver a service that is unmatched in the industry, whilst being at the forefront of the latest technologies available in the market.
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Implementation of new project deployment inc. servers, networking devices and firewalls
- Provide Level 2 problem escalation support and troubleshooting within company SLAs
- Backfill to Level 1 support when needed
- Create and maintain technical documentation; operational runbook, standards, and supporting documentation
- Ensure compliance of all solutions to established security guidelines, approved standards, and approved company policies
- Logging of technical issues to our clients’ IT Helpdesk
- Responsible for monitoring backups and test restores
- Undertake Medium to large-sized IT projects as instructed by partners
- Support and maintain MS Server/ Desktops and MS Exchange systems
- Installation, configuration and support of Firewall devices
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Install authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring all systems have adequate Antivirus Software
- Creation of new users accounts (AD and Email)
- Management of Active Directory
- Patching of client networks
- Making of Cat 5 network cables, were necessary
- Ensuring all client’s technical information is documented and kept up to date
- Highlighting of any areas where replacement equipment is needed
- Ensuring all software purchased licensing is recorded and maintained
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts by excellent communication with clients (AD & email,) and following company systems.
- Outstanding communication with your team and our clients’ clients!
- Keep abreast of current technologies and suggest where clients could benefit from these technologies
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by partners
- Work extra hours to meet deadlines, as required, and where reasonable
- Be an excellent team player by providing assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
- Ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all external customers
Does this role sound like the next exciting opportunity that you’ve been looking for? Please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members, Jack or Shaune, on 01482 273289.
Alternatively, kindly contact us directly via email with your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest permanent Hull-based, remote and hybrid vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page.