Senior Laravel Developer
Location: Hull | Salary up-to £45K | Permanent
EDIT Recruitment is delighted to be working with a very well-known and reputable, Hull-based business on a retained basis; helping them to grow their technical team with a Senior PHP Developer.
Our client is extremely flexible with the working location and would gladly welcome UK-based, remote working for the ideal candidate.
Perhaps, this could be the exciting career move that you’ve been searching for… Intrigued? Discover further details below!
About the Company:
The company we are recruiting for, are based in the thriving city of Hull. They offer Haulage, Aggregates, Concrete, Waste Management, Construction and Civil Engineering services. throughout Yorkshire and the North-East of England.
To give you a glimpse of their background, our client is responsible for carrying out and being a part of extensive projects in the area. Currently, they are working on some extremely exciting contracts, including large scale Civil-Engineering and Construction.
Being a family-run organisation, our client has expanded significantly since their humble beginnings in 1996. They now employ over 300 people, but you’ll be glad to hear that they still retain their family-led values.
We’re searching for a Senior Developer who is both experienced and confident in taking the lead on planning specifications for backend PHP solutions on upcoming projects.
The ideal candidate will also be experienced in implementing secure, scalable and robust systems from scratch in Laravel, whilst handling software releases to staging and production environments and setting up CI/CD pipelines.
The role requirements include:
- Strong experience with Object-Oriented PHP
- In-depth knowledge of SOLID principles
- Previous experience building and using REST APIs
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Involvement in building scalable and reliable server-side web applications in modern PHP (5.6/7)
- Great confidence in working with SQL databases (preferably MySQL)
- Understanding of web security considerations and best practices
- Experience using version control software (Git) in a team environment
- Pride in shipping well tested, quality code
- Exposure to Agile delivery and development methodologies
- The ability to drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Participation in working with/implementing payment gateways
- An understanding of basic server administration
- The ability to demonstrate past code and projects via GitHub or similar
- At least 3 years of commercial experience with Laravel framework (preferably 5.5+)
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery processes
- Test-Driven Development approach
- Background in computer science, mathematics or other related disciplines
What you can expect from our client in return:
- Salary up-to £45K
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working
- Training & Development
- UK-Based Remote Working
If this role sounds of interest to you, please feel free to apply using the link to our system below or give us a call on 01482 273 389. We would really love to hear from you.