Senior Software Developer
Location: Leeds & Hybrid | £50K | Permanent
Are you an experienced Software Developer looking for the next step in your career? Do you want the opportunity to work within an industry-leading, forward-thinking business that continually invests in the IT team and sees it as a vital part of the company’s success?
Are you eager to learn and develop with new technologies in a role where no two days are the same?
Our client is a rapidly growing company that is investing in technology and sees it as an essential part of the business. Therefore, EDIT Recruitment is thrilled to be helping our client, look for a Senior Software Developer who is looking to learn, develop and grow.
On offer is a 30-hour working week for a full-time salary and hybrid working, with the option to work 50% from home – so, a good balance between home working and working collaboratively in the office.
Working within the IT Development team you will be creating new internal and external facing web apps and automated systems. You’ll also have extended capabilities of existing systems to drive improvements, so you must be able to keep up with new trends in technology.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Develop new web applications for internal and external use using ASP.net and VueJS
- Create and support APIs utilising REST
- Extend and advance existing applications and websites with new features and requirements
- Responsible for adhering to and maintaining proper data protection throughout all project and applications
- Able to keep up with new trends in technology and practices
- Engage effectively in a Scrum team
- Support the team with best practices and well-structured code
- Mentorship of juniors and supporting other developers
- Involved in discussing and defining solutions and architectures
- Perform Team Lead duties in their absence
- Strong understanding of C# and ASP.Net Core
- Strong understanding of OO design principles and patterns
- Experienced in creating and maintaining restful web applications
- Good understanding of working within an agile team
- Experienced and confident with ORMs (Entity Framework desirable)
- Understand and experience of microservices is desirable
- Familiarity with DevOps in Azure is desirable
- Ability to independently and proactively problem solve
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Eager to learn and develop with new technologies
Rewarding your commitment:
Our clients’ people are the most important part of their business. To reward and help employees feel valued, our client has carefully selected a package of benefits that take a holistic approach to promote your wellbeing. These include:
- 30 hour working week (for full-time salary)
- 20 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional Paid Leave – for Birthday, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
- Flexible Holidays – take hourly
- Holiday Exchange – buy/sell holidays
- Extra holiday for length of service – 1 extra day after 3, 4 & 5 years
- Length of Service Awards
- Colleague Recognition Awards
- Enhanced Maternity /Paternity /Adoption Pay
- Death in Service Benefit – 4 times annual salary
- My Staff Shop – a wide range of discounts and savings at UK retailers
- Travel Support – free parking, bus/ train discounts, cycling facilities
- Neybar Financial Loans
- Third-Party Bespoke Financial Advice
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Subsidised Canteen
- Learning & Development Allowance – paid time to learn in work
- Love to Learn Subsidy – up to £150 annually for training of your choice
- Professional Qualifications – financial & study support
- Health Cash Back Plan – generous cashback to manage your wellbeing, including dental, optical, combined therapy towards everyday health costs
- GP Anytime – access to 24/7 prescribing GP for you and your family
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 helpline, including up to 8 free counselling sessions
- My Wellness Portal
- Thrive – My Wellness App
- Team Events bowling, race nights etc.
- Regular monthly events – cooking classes, quizzes, kids’ activities
- Monthly charity fundraising including raffles, auctions and more
- Key Event Parties – Christmas and Summer Events
If the role of Senior Software Developer sounds like the next exciting opportunity you’ve been looking for in Leeds, please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members on 01482 273289. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via email with your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest Permanent and Contract vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page!