Location: Hull | £25-£30K | Permanent
Are you eager to progress in your career and develop your IT skills? EDIT Recruitment is thrilled to be helping our client, a well-established, market-leading supplier of ERP software and services look for a Software Tester.
Established in 1987, our client works with fabric and wallpaper merchants and manufacturers worldwide. Using their experience and knowledge to deliver and manage systems designed to meet the individual needs of customers.
Along with an attractive salary of up to £30,000, this is a great opportunity for a Software Tester to take the next step in their IT career.
About our Client:
Our client is an IT company based in Hull with over 30 years of experience in designing, developing, and implementing specialist information systems for the textile industry. They work with many of the most prestigious names in the fabrics and home furnishings sectors across the UK, US, and Europe.
Due to this continued growth in the UK and in overseas markets, they are now looking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic Software Tester!
The successful candidate will be joining an expanding team and play an important role within the Development Services Team. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to develop a career in Software Testing, or for someone with experience in ERP software to grow and drive forward their careers with an innovative employer who, to date, has year-on-year growth within their sector.
Furthermore, the company is privately owned with a dedicated team of over 30 experienced staff. You’ll join as an integral part of the team, located in the company’s modern head office, in one of Hull’s premier business parks.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the testing of software that is produced by the Development Services team.
You will be expected to design and execute tests in order to confirm the quality of new and changed software.
The test scripts must capture and support functional, integration, performance, and regression tests. Results and defects of executed tests will be recorded within TestRail. You will also be expected to manage the test environments and play an important part in release management.
You will be working within our clients’ Development, Professional Services, and Support teams to provide an excellent service to customers at all times.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Interpret requirements to design and create test cases
- Execution of test scripts
- Clearly and accurately record progress and results of test execution within TestRail
- Report defects to the Developer
- Confirm successful completion to the Release Management Team
- Adhere to deadlines, prioritise work and provide progress reports
- Be involved in new process improvements within the team
- Build working relationships with customers, colleagues, technical and support teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with keen attention to detail
- Must be able to work effectively as a team member
- Confident and professional work ethic
- Ability to plan and carry out work when regularly unsupervised
- ISEB Testing Qualification (or similar)
- Have worked in a software house environment previously.
- Experience testing or using an ERP system
- Be commercially astute with an understanding of business functions both in the corporate and SME environments.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days statutory holiday
- Free parking on-site
- Complimentary refreshments
- 5% of salary pension contribution
- Performance related bonus
- Death in service (4-times salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
If this Software Developer role in Hull sounds like the next exciting opportunity you’ve been looking for, please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members on 01482 273289.
Alternatively, you can contact us directly via email with your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest Permanent and Contract vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page!