Location: Lincoln | Salary: Up-To £30K | Permanent
EDIT Recruitment is delighted to be working with our Lincoln-based client to find them a talented and innovative Software Developer. For the successful candidate, you’ll be working with a company that operate on a national scale to build bespoke software solutions that’s bespoke and completely tailored to their clients.
You’ll be joining a team of IT experts and software solution architects who’re committed to their customers and their team, delivering an excellent service, always.
As a part of the development team, you’ll be working closely with team members to develop, ship, refine and debug excellent code. The role will involve you working on a wide and varied range of systems, providing a diverse day-to-day experience.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for attention to detail and is extremely passionate about learning and an interest in the latest technologies. The ideal candidate will also have 2-3 years of commercial or other professional experience with PHP or a similar language.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Debug and resolve issues in active systems
- Produce automated tests
- Improve and document our testing and reliability process
- Code review
- Collaborate with the team to improve code quality
- Design and implement new features/systems as required
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Solid understanding of PHP, SQL, JS and CSS
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Ability to convey and communicate technical concepts effectively
- Knowledge of a version control system, preferably Git
- 2-3 years professional experience using PHP and JS
- Knowledge of PHPUnit/Codeception or similar automated testing framework
- Experience collaborating with a team
- Knowledge of Docker or similar container technology
Bonus points for:
- Familiar with Node.js
- Familiar with AWS/Azure/GCP or similar cloud platform
- Familiar with Kubernetes
What we offer:
- A fun, friendly and relaxed work environment
- Free on-site parking
- Career progression as the company evolves and grows
- High specification work station with triple monitors
- Free food, snacks and drinks
- Perkbox (Corporate discounts/ offers) subscription
If this role of Software Developer sounds like the exciting career move you’ve been looking for, please feel free to apply using the link below. Alternatively, please give our team a call on 01482 273 389 – we would love to discuss the role in depth further with you.