Location: Hunmanby, North Yorkshire | Salary: £50K+ | Permanent
Are you an experienced Software Engineer, looking for the next step in your career? Check! Are you looking to work with an organisation that gets excited by Technology? Check!
Our client is a leading manufacturer of technology solutions of controllers, auto transfer switch controllers and many other innovative products. EDIT Recruitment is proud to be working in partnership with this well-respected business, to find an uber-talented Software Engineer.
Genuine quality has been the cornerstone of their business since their humble beginnings began 40 years ago. They are committed to continuously improving products, services and business processes to exceed customer expectations and requirements!
To reinforce this commitment our client continuously develops their skilled workforce and implement strategic supplier partnerships. This supports investment in growth, sustainable business practices and continuous product innovation.
About our client:
Our client is one of the world’s top manufacturers of generator controllers, auto transfer switch controllers, battery chargers and vehicle off-highway controllers.
With a team of over 200 people, across four continents – their products are sold to 150 countries direct from their UK head office and through a comprehensive distributor network.
Throughout its 40-year history, they have invested heavily in people, processes, research and development to ensure they continue to enhance its reputation across world markets. Boasting UK manufacturing and engineering facilities to be proud of, they develop and manufacture a range of over 140 different products that provide flexible control solutions for multiple applications.
They never stop generating ideas for new products and are always looking at ways to improve. The integration of technology and the benefits it creates drives us to succeed. We want to make our products work better for our customers and have a research and development team constantly working to achieve this.
Job Summary & Role:
- Expected to adapt and learn quickly through an advanced training programme.
- Develop solutions for automatic test equipment used in production processes
- Ongoing maintenance and improvement of existing test sets.
- Maintain quality and control documents for production test equipment
Key Responsibilities & Main Duties:
- Liaise with Engineering, Production Engineering and Production to support the product test requirements and developments
- Prepare and communicate progress to management and production team lead
- Liaise with Engineering on new products to ensure the required level of manufacturing testing is in place.
- Input to efficiency improvements on new and existing tests
- Assist Engineering team in the development of new products where required
- Develop test scripts and processes for new product development
Internal & External Relationships:
- Supporting production to ensure optimum efficiency and reduce downtime by maintaining test equipment, keeping communication lines open and ensuring firm timelines are communicated across departments.
- Reporting directly to production line managers, advising on the latest status of issues, and identifying any areas of risk.
- Finding solutions to keep production operations flowing.
Furthermore, you’ll be able to liaise with the engineering department to ensure you are on pace with the latest developments and requirements, running alongside the EPm’s to make sure that developments are aligned, and testing solutions are in place on time.
You’ll be a natural problem solver and have a heads up approach to new developments.
C, C#, embedded systems, MSSQL, ASP, .NET, HTML, CSS, Visual Studio
- Comfortable collaborating with other teams
- Great problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Defining task breakdowns
- Source Code Tools and Repos
- Follow wiring diagrams
- Fault finding
If the role of Software Engineer in Hunmanby, North Yorkshire sounds like the next exciting opportunity you’ve been looking for, please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our team members on, 01482 273289. Alternatively, you can contact us directly via email with your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, you can also keep up to date with our latest Permanent and Contract vacancies as well as news, via our LinkedIn page!